The Software Support Specialist assists clients in the use of company software and troubleshoots technical issues that result through the installation, implementation and use of that software. They also assist internal clients with software and hardware-related questions and issues. The right candidate has a strong client-centric focus, strives to provide a superior client experience and possesses an aptitude for learning new software applications quickly and thoroughly. The Software Support Specialist works cooperatively in a team environment, and contributes to the growth and success of their clients, their peers, their department, and the company.
- Answers and documents client calls from a phone queue through CRM and ticket tracking software.
- Communicates with clients while tracking progress on client issues.
- Resolves issues efficiently and effectively or determines escalation path when necessary.
- Researches issues of varying complexity while working to resolve them and communicate progress with the client.
- Installs and upgrades software on client workstations and servers.
- Assists and/or participates in the training of external and internal clients in an online or onsite training environment, including but not limited to conferences.
- Develops product and troubleshooting documentation to expand team and company knowledge.
- Suggests, analyzes, and implements processes, and/or suggests improvements.
- Provides product improvement feedback.
Additional consideration will be given to experience with
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- 2+ years’ experience supporting software products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to independently research problems/questions and find answers.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to complex situations and varying personalities.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately while speaking.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Crystal Reports
- IIS/Web servers
- Citrix/Hosted environments
- Active Directory
- MS SQL Server
- Network Administration
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this role or other similar openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.