Pinnacle Recruiting is looking for a Software Developer with strong .NET and VB skills for an opportunity in Albany, NY. Our client has .NET software in the financial services industry that needs customization and maintenance but also has legacy clients that are VB based. This is an opportunity to work on a small team and therefore have a big impact on the software products.
We are looking for the following experience;
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Visual Basic experience in general, whether VB6 or VB.NET, would be adequate for the maintenance. As long as it was Windows based VB client server applications.
- Experience in Visual Source Safe, Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Studio 10,
- Agile Development Environment.
- Should have an understanding a windows service, message queuing, Creating Excel sheets using vb/COM and vb.net/Excel Interop.
- Ability to support an ASP.NET site.
- SQL Server experience – enough to do database maintenance, not quite to the depth of a database administrator, but more than your average developer might need to do in a larger organization where they have dedicated database staff.
- SQL Server experience – Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. SQL (System Query Language)
- Demonstrate SQL skills with a small query that joins two tables.
- Demonstrate VB6 and VB.net skills
- Deep knowledge of Excel.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this role or other similar openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.