A Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of client networks, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking request. This role will be responsible designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
As a member of the Service Team, a Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 2/3 escalations, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active directory, Azure, Office 365
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Cloud Technologies/ Office 365/Azure
- Manage, Design & Deploy Backup and DRP Solutions
- Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s), Routing
- SonicWALL: CSSA/CSSP
- Windows Server 2012 r2/2016
- Familiarity with: VPNs, VLAN, Large Scale Wireless Deployments
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this role or other similar openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.