The Network Administrator is responsible for the planning, evaluation, and management of new software, hardware, and telecommunications products within several platforms; Sun Microsystems, Cisco, Dell, HP, Sun Compatibles, Windows systems, MAS 200 real-time databases, LAN switches, hubs, and routers. Will also investigate and diagnose problems found during system integration, test development and test execution. Enforces security procedures and manage network performance.
Education and Experience
- Configure and install productivity tools, UNIX, LINUX and Windows NT servers/workstations and various other systems.
- Write and modify computer programs for applications to meet company needs
- Test and configure new server software.
- Provide specialized technical assistance in the planning and development of new projects and systems.
- Serve as a resource to others and provide appropriate user support as required.
- Monitoring of network resources (X, NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP, SAMBA, SMTP, HTTP, SSH, SSL, FTP, TELNET, NNTP, ICMP, SNMP, CIFS, LDAP, IMAPS, POP, HTTP, NetBios, WINS).
- Troubleshooting and resolution of UNIX and NT problems, planning, implementing, and executing disaster recovery provisions.
- Serve as a resource to sales associates, going on customer sites to evaluate needs and present proposals
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- At least 3 years previous experience in a complex networking environment including experience with one or more of the following:
- TCP/IP networking
- Internet technologies
- Microsoft Windows server administration (current and past versions)
- UNIX systems administration (Linux or Solaris preferred)
- Cisco network equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or Information Technology is preferred; in the absence of a degree, an additional two years’ experience in the above mentioned disciplines is required.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this role or other similar openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.