Pinnacle Recruiting is seeking a Network Engineer for a full time opportunity in the Utica, NY area. This role is responsible for installing and maintaining computer communication networks. The Network Engineer will also ensure networks are running smoothly, upgrade networks to provide maximum performance and security and proactively monitor remote site bandwidth and tunnels.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install computer networks; local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, Intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Install Cisco and other vendor hardware and software infrastructures.
- Setup IPSEC Tunnels between remote sites
- Oversee Wired and Wireless networks.
- Setup user accounts and passwords on all Networking hardware.
- Monitor network usage and security.
- Enhance FirePower utilization
- Ensure networks are running smoothly with minimal outages.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Ensure Network compliance with industry standards.
- Keep internal and remote networks running smoothly.
- Manage Network system back up.
- Develop and Document/Change Management Network Infrastructure.
- Support Corporate, Research and Remote office networks and other computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
- Develop network failover and load balanced networks
- Investigate new Networking Technologies
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- CISSP, CCNA, CompTIA A+, Network+ and/or Security+ certifications.
- Security administration experience in;
- Internet security
- Application security
- Security design and implementation
- Information security/IT auditing
- Information security/IT policy development
- Risk assessments
- Federal regulatory compliance for information protection
- Information security training
- Network disaster recovery planning and testing, auditing, risk analysis, and contingency planning.
- Extensive experience with Cisco equipment (Firewalls, Routers, Switches) and other vendor networking infrastructure solutions.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this role or other similar openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.