As a Software Delivery Manager, you will be a key leader of the management of our client’s newly-formed enterprise IT software delivery function.
The Delivery Manager will be responsible for providing day-to-day management oversight of software delivery across a variety of platforms and technologies, including, but not limited to HRIS systems, eCommerce /Web, platforms, and integrations / middleware platforms.
This role will be support and lead the team in delivering projects, enhancements, and handling break/fix requests. In addition, this role will provide management support for the software delivery teams by removing impediments to delivery success.
This role will be responsible for enabling software delivery success through a variety of mechanisms, including resource planning and management of delivery resources, with a particular focus on building and managing a work intake process and work management process for enhancements and break-fix requests. This role will also have critical third-party relationship management duties, including managing on and offshore partners who provide software delivery and testing services.
The Delivery Manager will bring experience working with platforms and technologies critical to support business capabilities and have both a vision for and experience with working with Enterprise Architecture to optimize the software technology stack. They will also focus on building and supporting high-performing teams and developing and measuring their function against continuous improvement metrics.
- Staff teams with needed skills to deliver highest priority work.
- Coach and mentor team members to develop skills and enable them to remove impediments.
- Collaborating with the PPMO, develop processes and tools to manage capacity to improve team’s ability to deliver.
- Drive improvements that address common obstacles to improve performance of teams.
- Actively manage 3rd party vendor relationships to create capacity flexibility and scalability.
- Oversee and manage standard team performance metrics and reporting.
- Drive change adoption of standard processes.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to shape the technology landscape and ensure Solution Architects and teams understand the future desired landscape and are driving solutions in that direction.
- Collaborate and participate with Software Delivery colleagues to establish coding, testing, and documentation standards and ensure teams are adopting and adhering to defined practices.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Experience managing software development teams in a global IT organization.
- Experience managing software development team in a waterfall and agile development environment.
- Experience managing production support development in a large IT organization, with demonstrated success in managing demand and capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in driving change adoption and continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Software delivery execution or management experience in a Life Sciences or related business context.
- Leading a global team with distributed team members across multiple continents and time zones.
- Full understanding of software lifecycle management.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills as well as emotional maturity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants on both a project and ongoing basis.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this job, or other openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.