Pinnacle is looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst that possesses professional consulting attributes, exceptional technical skills, excellent communication skills, strong client focus, and commitment to detail. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for manual test case development and execution using Team Foundation Server.
- Develops and maintains quality assurance documentation
- Creates and maintains functional, integration and regression test scripts.
- Identifies and provides solutions for gaps in test suites.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the QA lifecycle, automation best practices and agile methodologies.
- Ensures documentation complies with software development standards, policies and procedures or best practices.
- Conducts assessments and evaluations to verify compliance to standards and applicable quality plans.
- Monitors compliance with all SLAs and key contract requirements by compiling data from a number of sources.
- Supports internal and external audits.
- Reports on project and product quality. Develops written reports of findings.
- Uses tools and experience to identify and gather project metrics. Presents findings to the appropriate levels of management through the preparation of periodic written and ad hoc reports.
- Makes recommendations to improve and support business activities.
- Develops specifications to support modifications to the established project records or testing.
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings with development teams to validate, clarify, and create testing requirements and explore potential scenarios.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify feature or functionality changes are carried through the entire project.
- Participates in estimation activities to forecast workload.
- Validates and verifies the product or project for conformance to requirements and ensures usability.
- Interacts with customer, development and project stakeholders to identify project needs and solutions.
- Manage triage of issues identified. Reviews issues and provides recommended solution.
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, mathematics, information systems or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of quality assurance experience.
- Experience working with technology industry and three tier architecture.
- Experience working with quality metrics and software industry metric data collection and analysis techniques.
- Experience working with software test science and tools.
- Experience working with computer programming and database concepts and basic software languages. (C#, C++)
- Experience working with quality assurance principles and practices and software development methodologies, Agile and Waterfall.
- Good practical knowledge of SQL and database structures, able to create SQL scripts.
- Desire and aptitude for leading others to achieve project goals
- Knowledge of technical domain and system architecture will be preferred.
- Experience in previous public health or medical services domain is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of TFS for software issue tracking, test case entry and version control will be preferred but not required.
- Prior quality assurance experience of in a web based three-tier architecture will be preferred.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to deal with and manage change.
- Positive attitude with a team mindset.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this job, or other openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.