Pinnacle Recruiting has an immediate opportunity in Albany, NY for a Tier 1 Support Technician. This is a full-time position with a local Managed Services Provider, so customer service is just as important as technical ability in this role.
- Perform day-to-day workstation, network, server and storage level troubleshooting and issues resolution.
- Complete assigned incidents/tickets within appropriate Service Level Agreements
- Assist Tier I support as needed
- Provide Tier 2 technical support via phone, email, remote and on-site support for hardware/software products.
- Provide timely communication and resolution of issues.
- Continuously observe equipment operation and report deviations or malfunctions.
- Hands on field experience in technical support in a professional setting
- Resourcefulness of undocumented issues using search engines such as Google, and to update documentation system as required
- Detailed oriented; able to take detailed notes, communications, and problem resolution steps
- Observant; able to see and act on observed issues with customer environments, as well as see opportunities for upgrades/replacements
- Excellent Customer Service skills and etiquette including both verbal and written communication
- Willingness and eagerness to learn quickly
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
What You Can Expect When You Apply
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft networks including the administration and management of the following: Server 2008 and newer, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Print Servers, DHCP, DNS, PowerShell scripting, GPO.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining network switching, wireless networks, and Firewalls/UTM Appliances. A strong knowledge of TCP/IP and subnetting.
- Backup/Disaster Recovery systems (Image/File level) such as Datto, Cloudberry, Veeam, etc.
- Office 365 proficiency along with Online Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Proficient knowledge of email security products such as ATP, Mimecast, Barracuda, Proofpoint.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS, Microsoft Office troubleshooting and configuration.
When your application is received, we will review it to see if you would be a potential fit for this job, or other openings we may have available. If that’s the case, you will hear from us shortly. If not, your resume will be in our database and we will reach out when appropriate opportunities become available.
Pinnacle Recruiting & Staffing LLC is headquartered in Troy, NY and provides talent to technology organizations across the United States. Founded by experienced recruiters who have worked for the largest staffing firms in the world, we leverage that experience to provide the highest level of service to our clients and candidates, while still retaining the flexibility and personal touch of a smaller firm.